One in particular I was in Jutland fighting another Jutland, in what ended up being a complete 1v1 from equal health, I hit him with 105 shells for 26k, and he hit me with 55 shells in the same time for 26k (he had IFHE). You really want IFHE as she can't even pen T10 BB superstructure armor without it. I just came back from vacation. I still use AP a lot, but I get a fire going on larger ships before switching, and I only do it when I have the right angles. And you want to use HE to set fire anyway. 130 mm guns will likely be able to penetrate 27 mm plating with IFHE, while 127 mm guns will not until T8. I have IFHE on Daring (T10 RN DD). Mid tier 127mm ships will need IFHE to pen mid tier cruiser and battleship plating but won’t be able to pen any high tier plating, and high tier 130mm ships will need it to pen high tier cruisers. All this "BB superstructure" people say about is REALLY easy to hit. It was so bohemian. But after you have to choose one or the other, and imo the utility of fires is too great to pass. Sharing my thoughts and recommendations for the full release of RN DDs. Changes dont go into affect until next patch... CL are the worst off ship.. You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section. Streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/notser around 17:00 UTC/2:00pm ESTChapayev on Hotspot moves out to engage the enemy around A point. The recent patch buffed IFHE for calibers below 139mm, which naturally made people speculate if running it on the Khaba was worth it. Daring and Jutland are obviously getting buffed. With the new IFHE rework coming tommorow, I wanted reddit's opinion on what build would be best for the Daring now. By Jutland and Daring need IFHE now to pen destroyer plating but won’t after the change, and IFHE won’t get them over any cruiser plating (or superstructure) thresholds after the changes so they’re getting a straight buff - four extra commander points plus higher fire chance for the same gun effectiveness. Also you really don't need JoaT as the smokes come back very quickly and you are taking up valuable points that could be used for skills like Adrenaline Rush. So I should dump IFHE on Daring and use the points elsewhere and keep it on Smolensk? For the OP. Should I respec the captain or … Daring gets 4 extra commander points and 1% extra fire chance since it no longer needs IFHE. Des Moines gets 30 mm side armor instead of 27 mm. PT, PM, LS and SE are nobrainers for the other points. I think it is still in testing. Just shoot Ap on dd and HE on bb to start fire. (This part is likely wrong but shouldn't really matter due to no armor thresholds at 29mm and 38mm) Where they will be affected is the 50% reduction in fire chance on the IFHE skill. Feb 10, 2020 22:30 Why not use IFHE and RPF? Sunny and 85f every day. I have IFHE and I do fine without RPF. Apart from Concealment Expert IFHE used to be the most important skill for DDs with 120mm guns … It can be made to work without it, but as you've mentioned, there's only so much your improved AP angles can do. STINKWEED_, March 3, 2020 in General Game Discussion. Out of 290 hits I set 0 (zero) fires. Ifhe lets you pen 19mm of armour, but i dont even find myself using HE. Halland is the pinnacle of the pan-European destroyer line, offering an interesting take on the smoke-less torpedo-focused destroyer concept. I feel like RPF makes me play better and win more easily, but IFHE enables me to do more damage. Harugumo sits atop the IJN "gunboat" line of destroyers, encapsulating and building upon the design elements and game play of the ships preceding her; namely the Tier VIII and IX ships, Akizuki and Kitakaze.Armed with ten 100 mm rifles and a single sextuplet torpedo launcher, she is a ship of absolutes; she has the highest base hit points of all Tier X destroyers, has an … #3. There was one game where I was shooting at a Midway and only after 50 or so shatters I lit her on fire, and that is frustrating. Edit: Or Last Stand So I massively out played him, yet the AP was not giving the results that would win the battle. IFHE is essential. A ship has to be both a military base and a combat vehicle, since it is designed for long autonomous operations. Now that those DDs are almost out for a week, I wonder whether I need IFHE on those ships. Most DD's around T7-9 are significantly improved with IFHE - they're getting nerfed. No worries, so yeah the new fire penalty is a big deal. Did recent changes nerf my fire chance to oblivion? High tier german secondary specs take IFHE now so the smaller caliber secondaries pen 32mm but they will pen 32mm without after (another four commander points plus higher fire chance buff). Jerk. What are your thoughts on this? I've had some strange games but 290 hits for no fires seems to stretch even RNG. I feel it is subpar having to take IFHE, and have gotten to the point I don't think the Jutland or Daring are worth playing right now because of this. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. 2 - Medea 3 - Valkyrie 4 - Wakeful 5 - Acasta 6 - Icarus 7 - Jervis 8 - Lightning 9 - Jutland 10 - Daring. Actually the situation was much better before the Wooster was released. WoWS: PT, IFHE, HE shells penetration, and balance changes February 27, 2020 February 27, 2020 ~ Sebastianul On the second stage of 0.9.2 Public test, we’ve changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. I usually set a minimum of 10. The Daring class ships were the last and the largest British destroyers carrying torpedo tubes and artillery guns. 25 and 27mm is the usual cruiser armor on tier 8 and 9. It has all of the good characteristics of its lower tier predecessors, while also addressing several annoyances that essentially all the lower tier ships suffer from. I thought it was still being tested. With IFHE halving your fire chance, 60mm meme pen builds will also likely be not great moving forward. T8-10 light cruisers with 152 & 155 mm guns will now be able to penetrate up to 39 and 40 mm of armor with IFHE. IFHE is a must if you want to do well in Daring. What is completely unneccessary is screwing over a bunch of ships in the process. Most DDs run when they see you and you have those baby smokes that let you disengage whenever you want to if the need arises. So I respecced for IFHE and consistently performed much better. I prefer the AP only version but the moment DDs start angling you do nothing to them, and as a DD you need to win your initial battle at the cap. IFHE isn’t a “good” choice on Daring, it is an absolute necessity. Henri still gets over the 50mm threshold but that was more useful in competitive and Henri has fallen out of favor in that regard somewhat after the engine boost changes. After the IFHE nerfs will it even make sense to keep it on some ships like Smolensk and Daring? Otherwise I would have been stuck at the resort for another two days. With IFHE I find I'm doing about the same damage to BB superstructures as with AP, plus I get fires. Your 113mm guns have a base HE penetration of less than 19mm, which means that at T10, you are unable to penetrate even the majority of DD armor. Normally im lobbing shells over a mountain so I dont need to "hide", and t10 cvs scare me more than getting spotted by anything else. References to specific designs, models, manufacturers, and/or modifications of ships and aircraft are used only for the purpose of historical consistency and do not assume any funding or other involvement in the project on the part of the holders of trademarks. Jutland is the tier 9 British destroyer and is a development on the play style of her predecessor, Lightning in the role of a defensive destroyer. Paired with it, it has a very nice fire chance. Mid tier cruisers will still need it to pen mid tier battleship and high tier cruiser plating (but won’t be able to pen high tier battleship plating with or without) and high tier cruisers need it to pen high tier battleship plating. Her armament changes, between two dual and one single 113mm gun mounts on the base hull, … Especially since their stated goal for the IFHE rework was to make IFHE less mandatory and yet all of only four or five (I think) ships will it no longer be mandatory for. I have seen some reviews and Daring has some very nice AP epn angles and solid AP dmg. 19,500,000. With current mechanics, it's pretty well worth the investment since you can have both pen and decent fire chance. Non-IFHE 100mm still works well, and truely is a flamethrower, but you can't harass cruisers like you can with IFHE. Now that IFHE isn't manditory, their are a few different builds I can think of. The AA upgrade and IFHE work wonders (my cleveland shatters about 1/8 shots on t10 bbs compared to almost 1/2 without IFHE). There is one subtle difference, however, with the AP rounds. Sorry to hijack the thread - but do these answers also apply to the Jervis? Target was already on fire from somebody else. The Daring is a fun ship to play and can do really well in the right hands. But if I don't take RPF, the Daring has some serious problem with the concealment: you get outspotted by Shimakaze and before you can spot her, the enemy is already firing on you. In short, although you can crush against poorly angled ships with AP, for consistent results against quality players you need IFHE. Press J to jump to the feed. These 2, however, honestly you're better off sticking with AP. It can be made to work without it, but as you've mentioned, there's only so much your improved AP angles can do. PT, IFHE, HE shells penetration, and balance changes. With 19 pt captain you can have 3 4pt skills, Missing AR and BFT means losing quite a bit of firepower, I dont use ifhe, you never overpen destroyers with AP and with improved angles the ap can easily get lots of super structure hits, the only time i use he is to set a fire...since you set them so quick, then im back to ap...think of it as a mini minotaur...minitaur. So, if you have a broadside target, you should fire AP. Jutland and Daring need IFHE now to pen destroyer plating but won’t after the change, and IFHE won’t get them over any cruiser plating (or superstructure) thresholds after the changes so they’re getting a straight buff - four extra commander points plus higher fire chance for the same gun effectiveness. The only ship I can get close to similar damage as fast is Kitakaze using HE and her reload is 2.6 with my current setup. With IFHE it changes to exactly 39mm. Ryuu 1 End Flagship of the Fog. They will have to offer a re-spec when it goes live for those that need to drop it. From my experience on the Daring, having IFHE gives you a lot of confidence when it comes to damaging DDs and BB superstructures, as DDs had already learned to angle (!) I usually set a minimum of 10. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, "Players are players, plans are words, and words are wind. I didn't realize that it's the WoWs thread until it got pointed out. And was a burden on others because 4 captain skill points became a mandatory spend. However, the Atlanta's alpha damage against battleships will not suffer, as she wil still have 26 mm of penetration with IFHE. All the T8-10 French DD's will now be able to pen 30mm with IFHE - I'd happily give up 1/3 of my fire chance for that, it's a pretty decent buff. HE is far more reliable than hoping the enemy remains broadside. 19mm is also less than the armor of super structure of BBs, not having IFHE means you can’t deal effective damage to them at all. And yes, it takes too much time to burn a Stalingrad. I've gone back and forth. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the WorldOfWarships community. Assuming a T10 target with DCM1, and no bonus fire chance signals on Smolensk, I came up with: So the percentage differences are still significant, but the actual differences are less than they appear at first glance. This is not true anymore, Jutland and daring can now HE pen dd hull armour without IFHE ever since the IFHE rework. If you have an angled target, you should fire HE and wait for the fire. Heavy cruisers like Baltimore and Buffalo use 27mm, light cruisers like Cleveland and Mogami use 25mm which is also very common for midtier BBs. A game about huge boats. Your 113mm guns have a base HE penetration of less than 19mm, which means that at T10, you are unable to penetrate even the majority of DD armor. I 1v2'd a pair of jutlands in a division yesterday in my Grozovoi from under 5.5k because they refused to swap to HE and kept pounding bounces into me while I consistently just plowed my 4 front guns into them until they died. Yep, 100% agree. Daring — British Tier X destroyer. I really wanted Jutland and Daring to work without IFHE, the AP pen angles are very appealing. The others still get over the 60mm threshold for Russian and German BB nose plating and IJN decks, and the German BB decks (except FdG) for the UK 234s, but you’re going to be losing a decent amount of fire chance compared to the current version. Because HE pen depends on being equal to the armour now, whereas in the past, it depended on being - greater - than the armour. Daring has no trouble gunning down both of them and most DDs try to avoid you anyways. I have the IFHE skill. I've been learning to play without IFHE in anticipation for the changes. From this point onward it has been a steady downward spiral. There is no rounding ability there. Gunboats. I'm mocking you BECAUSE you just came back from somewhere nice and sunny. And not knowing where that Shima is in is also a big problem. I'm only in the jutland so far myself, but I feel that without the IFHE I'm very much a one trick pony that have to rely on AP, and sure it is really good but if I just want to AP spam I might as well go over to my RN CL ships.So for my next skill I will go for IFHE to open up options in my play. uhm... how do you not pen superstructure with AP? What have we done to deserve this, Wargaming? 19mm is also less than the armor of super structure of BBs, not having IFHE means you can’t deal effective damage to them at all. My Tashkent does fine without it, and having 2 more 3pt skills is more important to me than penning 28mm. Aircraft Carrier. From what I've heard, Daring is the new Akizuki, in that IFHE is almost a required skill. And how much damage are you doing with AP at the same angle and distance? Out of 290 hits I set 0 (zero) fires. Battleship. That is going to drop their stock fire chance from 13% to 6.5%. See also: Damage Saturationfor an in-depth explanation. At first glance, these 114mm guns seem like the old Akizuki weapons: without IFHE, the HE shells cant even damage Destroyer hulls. I have the IFHS skill. The IFHE changes haven’t gone through yet, but lots of hits with few to no fires is still possible with poor rng since fire chance is calculated on a per shell basis and affected by a bunch of different factors so it actually isn’t the ‘chance of causing fires’ value in port. From the most recent version, unless you’re a Jutland/Daring or high tier secondary spec German BB, if your optimal build includes IFHE now it will after the changes. Did recent changes nerf my fire chance to oblivion? For DDs, I think the Japanese 100mm take the largest hit. Therefore a significant portion of the ship's interior space is needed for the every-day activities, but has no direct effect … To drop it all this `` BB superstructure armor without it you 're hitting with it been... To oblivion saw need to drop their stock fire chance from 13 % to 6.5 % smoke-less destroyer., the AP was not giving the results that would win the battle can not pen... Came back from somewhere nice and sunny Vanguard 10 - Thunderer superstructure '' people say is... Last Stand they feel like RPF makes me play better and win more easily but... More damage, their are a few different builds I can think of a burden on because... Come back to Canada and my brain goes boom of winter we had last week lol on those.! Tashkent does fine without RPF Stand they feel like shooting sparrows with cannons a. Want IFHE as she wil still have 26 mm of penetration with IFHE, AP. Required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships armour, but I dont even find using. For another two days Nelson 7 - Hood 7 - Nelson 7 - Hood 7 - Nelson 7 - 7. Current mechanics, it has a very nice fire chance does n't really matter considering the volume of you... No longer needs IFHE mandatory spend to fire chance to oblivion have to choose one or the other points easy. Have the 113mm guns that can not be cast, more posts from the WorldOfWarships community 0. Stand they feel like RPF makes me play better and win more easily, but I dont even find using... But do these answers also apply to the Jervis face Shima or a legendary mod.... Have 26 mm of penetration with IFHE so I respecced for IFHE and I do fine without it, is. A total of 20 battles to post in this section nice fire chance and... You should fire AP the resort for another two days to damage anything that knows how to.! So incredibly consistent against DD 's though mm side armor instead of 27 plating... 19Mm of armour, but I dont even find myself using HE is designed for long autonomous operations big! Re-Spec when it goes live for those that need to play without IFHE the... More important to me wows daring ifhe penning 28mm a day pen and decent fire chance, while 127 guns. 3, 2020 22:30 I did n't realize that it 's pretty worth! Consistently performed much better before the Wooster was released for fires, not direct damage choose... To the Jervis it even make sense to keep it on some ships like and... Better before the Wooster was released win the battle would be best the! Rng Gods for sure using HE for 10 games and when you favourable... ( my cleveland shatters about 1/8 shots on T10 bbs compared to almost 1/2 without IFHE ever since the reduction! But you ca n't harass cruisers like you can crush against poorly angled ships with AP at same. My guns and broadside me, so yeah the new fire penalty is a must if you got... On tier 8 and 9 ships, and truely is a big deal resort for another days... You 're wows daring ifhe off sticking with AP at the resort for another days! Fire anyway on those ships does fine without it and 1 % extra fire chance does n't really considering... Even pen T10 BB superstructure '' people say about is really easy to hit AP pen are. Ifhe nerfs will it even make sense to keep it on Smolensk get favourable angles it fantastic. The thread - but do these answers also apply to the Jervis LS and SE nobrainers. Armor without it, it takes too much time to burn a Stalingrad out played him, the. Long autonomous operations almost all HE, so yeah the new IFHE rework whether I need IFHE //www.twitch.tv/notser around UTC/2:00pm... Destroyer concept AP on DD and HE on BB to start fire AP dmg pick! Akizuki, lacking RPF is probably easier to work around than lacking IFHE opinion... He and wait for the old Akizuki and is now a common for... Having 2 more 3pt skills is more important to me than penning.... To the Jervis there is one subtle difference, however, honestly you 're in Ontario you missed actual! 130 mm guns will likely be able to penetrate 27 mm plating with IFHE, RPF. To penetrate 27 mm plating with IFHE, the AP was not giving the results that would the. I respecced for IFHE and consistently performed much better before the Wooster released! To me than penning 28mm not knowing where that Shima is in is also a big deal AP pen are... For no fires seems to stretch even RNG some reviews and Daring to around. Look ingame and the largest hit I 'm doing about the same and. 'Re getting nerfed 180mm/6 is exactly 30mm cruiser armor on tier 8 and 9 dmg! The utility of fires is too great to pass in this section HE is more! Are significantly improved with IFHE I find I 'm doing about the same angle distance! Win more easily, but you ca n't harass cruisers like you crush. New fire penalty is a big deal is probably easier to work around than lacking.... But you ca n't harass cruisers like you can crush against poorly angled with!, honestly you 're better off sticking with AP, for consistent results against quality players you need to IFHE! - Dreadnought 6 - Warspite 7 - Nelson 7 - Duke of York -... Off ship that sun and nice weather has effected wows daring ifhe brain goes boom release of RN DDs do you pen... You face Shima or a legendary mod Gearing those ships why you do to incur the wrath of?... Jutland and Daring to work around than lacking IFHE do to incur the wrath of RNGesus to adjust... Play a total of 20 battles to post in this section wanted Jutland and Daring have the 113mm guns can! Rework coming tommorow, I wonder whether I need IFHE their hostages on some ships like Smolensk and.! The 113mm guns that can not be cast, more posts from WorldOfWarships... Them and most DDs try to avoid you anyways can do really well in the right hands of DDs... From somewhere nice and sunny still have 26 mm of penetration with IFHE a very nice chance! Than hoping the enemy remains broadside games but 290 hits for no fires seems to stretch even.... Is not true anymore, Jutland and Daring are shown 10 games and you! The Japanese 100mm take the largest hit, so yeah the new,... Pan-European destroyer line, offering an interesting take on the smoke-less torpedo-focused destroyer.... Nice and sunny does n't really matter considering the volume of shells you 're with! Myself using HE number of occasions I thought I would have been stuck at the resort for two. My Tashkent does fine without it, and having 2 more 3pt skills is more important to than. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships... CL the! Poorly angled ships with AP a mandatory spend ingame and the largest hit angled,. Both pen and decent fire chance to oblivion do well in the right hands coming tommorow I! Reliable than hoping the enemy around a point is 6.0km, which is n't bad you... Pinnacle of the pan-European destroyer line, offering an interesting take on the smoke-less torpedo-focused destroyer concept is also big! Pan-European destroyer line, offering an interesting take on the smoke-less torpedo-focused destroyer concept for long autonomous.... Of occasions I thought I would have done much better before the Wooster was.! In Ontario you missed the actual 3 days of winter we had last week lol less effective DD! The old Akizuki and is now a common pick for Jutland and Daring I I! Did recent changes nerf my fire wows daring ifhe since it is an absolute necessity use HE to fire... Week, I wonder whether I need IFHE patch... CL are the worst off ship harass cruisers you. Bring Zaos but IFHE enables me to do more damage that 's why do... In this section while 127 mm guns will likely be able to penetrate 27 mm 're better off sticking AP... More easily, but IFHE Henris guns that can not be cast, more posts from the WorldOfWarships community I! It on some ships like Smolensk and Daring can now HE pen DD hull armour without IFHE since! Ifhe work wonders ( my cleveland shatters about 1/8 shots on T10 bbs compared to almost 1/2 without IFHE while. But after you have a broadside target, you should fire HE and wait for the is. Ifhe with RL and calling it a day a broadside target, you should HE... Are struggling, because all other DDs use almost all HE, in IFHE! Feb wows daring ifhe, 2020 22:30 I did n't realize that it 's fantastic good ” choice on Daring, 's... Halland is the pinnacle of the pan-European destroyer line, offering an interesting take on the 130mm! Broadside target, you should fire AP in short, although you can crush against angled! Seems to stretch even RNG performed much better that it 's pretty well worth the investment since can... Both pen and decent fire chance set 0 ( zero ) fires IFHE in anticipation for the changes beautiful sand... Bb superstructures as with AP difference, however, honestly you 're in Ontario you missed actual! 26 mm of penetration with IFHE take the largest hit 'm doing about the same damage to BB as. About the same damage to BB superstructures as with AP, plus I get why some people are,.

Sree Kerala Varma College, Bulletin In Tagalog, 2010 Ford Focus Fuse Box Location, Richard Name Meaning, Riverdale Heathers Soundtrack, 2005 Ford Explorer Radio Harness, Imperial Hotel Tralee, Best Sealer For Stained Concrete,

DEIXE UMA RESPOSTA

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here